Formerly known as the GDIACC Foundation, the USICOC Foundation was founded by members of the US India Chamber of Commerce in 2008 to support community initiatives throughout North Texas and to support projects in India that are aligned with the Foundation’s initiatives. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization that provides financial support to initiatives including:
Because the Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization and individuals that contribute can avail themselves of associated tax benefits.
a. Service Projects – Come out and volunteer at USICOC Foundation service projects throughout the year that are organized by the Chamber’s YEP group. Our previous projects have included:
1. Tutoring at-risk 3 rd graders attending Communities in Schools of the Dallas Region Saturday programs (Quarterly throughout 2015).
2. Refurbishing Women’s Professional Clothing Shelter with the Salvation Army (May 2017).
3. Back to School Supplies Drive for students at Whitney M. Young Jr. Elementary School for all 550 students (August 2018). Click here for full Press Release.
4. Partnered with ScholarShot to provide low-income and first-generation college students job shadowing opportunities (August 2019).
5. Providing Indian groceries to students in need at University of Texas Dallas (October 2020).
b. Spirit of Innovation – Since 2013, USICOC Foundation has been hosting a Spirit of Innovation Competition to promote entrepreneurship and networking amongst Dallas-based college and university students. Click here for more information:
c. Fundraising Events – Help us raise funds for various community causes. In the past, we have fundraised for:
i. American India Foundation for Chennai Flood Relief in 2015.
ii. Assist the Officer Foundation for fallen officers following the Dallas Shootings in 2016 – Click here to see article:
a. Gifts of Cash
Gifts to the USICOC Foundation can be given in cash or by check. Cash gifts may be made immediately or pledged for payment up to one year. For the accuracy of your records and those of the Foundation, pledges should be made in writing.
b. Gifts of Stock or Other Securities
Publicly traded securities that have appreciated in value or closely held (private) stock that has appreciated in market value may be gifted. Corporate, tax-exempt, and zero-coupon bonds are also considered valuable marketable securities and can be donated.
c. Matching Gifts
Matching gifts can help grow the USICOC Foundation. Please check with your Organizational Development Team to see if your employer has a matching program.
For more information about the USICOC Foundation, please call 214-346- 9559.